FOR FOOD & NUTRITION PRODUCTS, POLICY OR SERVICES
reality check: connecting you to the evidence
HOW I HELP
I do what I love. I do what I am good at. That’s why I am dedicated to nutrition and health projects with a particular focus on behaviour. Together with partners, I can help you with domain-specific expertise and flexible support to collect, connect, and/or translate evidence and ideas into better products, interventions, campaigns, or other services. Our approach is evidence-based and people-centred. Persons, whether we call them consumers, community members, stakeholders, eaters, or patients, are always central to our way of thinking alongside recent scientific insights and methods relevant to practice.
RESEARCH & MANAGEMENT
be inspired and get your facts straight
Literature research and writing
The latest scientific insights turned into short reports, review articles or fact sheets relevant to your project. Anything from your topic of interest, be it “in-vitro meat”, “nudging”, “personalized health”, or something completely different. We are very experienced in sourcing, selecting, and interpreting the right academic papers and research reports.
Consumer & behavioural science
Gain a deeper understanding of consumers and get closer to actual behaviour. Utilizing the current thinking in consumer and behavioural sciences, we select the best research tools, fieldwork agencies, and theoretical frameworks that fit your question. Experienced in both qualitative and quantitative research. With a particular focus on what people do or feel, and not just say: e.g. projective and creative techniques in (online) interviews or focus groups, choice experiments, health behaviour assessments.
Having a unique background in both medical and behavioural sciences I assist the public health, health & aged care, and pharmaceutical sectors with health and consumer research projects. Examples include: trials and experiments, knowledge, attitude and behaviour surveys, monitoring and evaluation of interventions, patient experiences and insights.
Why reinvent the wheel? Knowledge brokering utilizes valuable existing knowledge and increases evidence-based decision making and collaboration. We can: identify knowledge gaps, select valuable knowledge sources (internally and externally), establish networks with relevant scientists to your topic or organization, do stakeholder research, and assist with research translation.
CONSULTANCY & INTERIM
flexible support from a seasoned professional
- Strategic advice for development of new food products, nutrition services and interventions
- Setting up organizational behaviour change frameworks, processes and guidelines
- Food, nutrition, and behaviour change expert as a team member or associate partner
- Stakeholder consultations in the area of food, nutrition and health
- Oversight, recruitment or collaboration with agencies
- Interim team manager of behavioural science & insight teams
- Advice on research design for health, consumer, or social research projects
- Freelance and flexible high quality research support
- Interim research manager and leave replacement for research & evaluation staff or project managers
- Dedicated project or program manager for new research projects or peak time